Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Veggie Ice Cream?!


There is an Asian market that we go to from time to time. I love to walk up and down the aisles just looking at all the interesting stuff. One of the things I found very strange was vegetable popsicles. I was at the market today so I bought some to try for my new thing. I tried a red bean jelly ice milk bar. I picked red bean because I at least like red bean, but there was some unidentified green stuff in it. Ugh! Yuck! *Shudders in disgust*!!! There is a reason that vegetables should not be a part of dessert!

2 comments:

Sydney said...

Normally red bean ice cream is really tasty. And doesn't involve greenery. It's often served @ Japanese restaurants - you should give it another shot!

Jess said...

Even though this is months late, I'll comment anyway.

I just bought some of these, and I wasn't expecting the green jelly at all. I don't think it was veggie based at all, but perhaps just a flavorless color/texture-adding addition. It rather reminded me of gummy worms.

I'd say the worst thing would be the overall appearance, especially after you've eaten half of the bar and there are green wigglies and beans everywhere.